The Work Plan

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Following Mr. E: Practicing One To One Correspondence With The World Flag Map Puzzle

We only have so much room. It can be a difficult task to shelf all of our materials, it is especially challenging when you have to add in elementary materials as well. I have to be somewhat creative and also allow my little people to be creative too. Ideally Mr. E wouldn't be allowed to touch the World Flag Map Puzzle until given a proper lesson that would include the purpose of the material. However we are different here and YES I allowed him to work with it as long as he showed respect for the material.
Mr. E is placing the flags in the holes, while practing one to one correspondence. Along the way he learned what a flag looks like. I also was able to find out that Mr. E knows the names of the continents without using the traditional Montessori colors to help him identify them.
Mr. E's Happy dance after he successfully placed each flag in a hole.
Removing the flags from the puzzle and returning them to the flag holder. I love that the children here are interested in trying out new things. One day Mr. E will know where the proper flag should go, but for now it is a great start that he wants to know what a flag is, and treats the material with respect.

3 comments:

  1. I think early exposure to some of the materials is great, even if the children don't completely understand the purpose yet! They will find their own purpose. I have let my son Logan play with the 1st knobbed cylinders since he was 6 months old! Now at 13 months he can complete almost the entire block and he understands the concept of size very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is great, your son is doing some "big" works!! Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed
    reading it, you might be a great author. I will remember to bookmark your blog and will eventually come back in the future.
    I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great work,
    have a nice afternoon!
    Feel free to surf my web site ... Lloret de Mar

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate Your Comments