The Work Plan

Thursday, November 17, 2011

For The Love Of Animals

I added a new work to the language shelves. Matching animals to their shadows I purchased this from Montessori Print Shop. Jessica enjoyed this work so much that it inspired her to work with all the Zoology Animal Puzzles that I have avaliable on the shelves.

     Matching animals to their shadows.




Jessica was very excited when she completed this work.

                                                                
Next thing I noticed she was having her own marathon doing animal puzzles one after another.

                                                 Rooster

                                                    Bird

                                                  Frog

                                               Snail

                                                   Horse
                                                                    
I love seeing how after each puzzle she worked with her pincer grip got better and better each time. Don't you just love it when children get inspired? 
        
                                                              

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I've really enjoyed reading about your school works! I was just wondering, when you have a matching activity, how do you present it? It may sound silly, but I'm unsure of how I should demonstrate how to match so many things. Do you have two stacks or are they all one one pile?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel- Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. When I first introduced matching YES I had two different piles and I used a tray that was specifically divided, or used rubber bands. Another thing was the control of error, one pile had a specific color code, the children counted on this to help them set up the work correctly. I also used just five matches at a time. All the children here have done shadow matching before, so I put all the matches in a basket for added challenge. Also as time went on and children learned how to set their work up, I stopped dividing the matches up, I still use the control of error. I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate Your Comments