The Work Plan

Sunday, November 6, 2011

On The Shelves: Practical Life

I had a lot of absent children last week, all of them feeling sick:(  I thought it was time to share a few works I prepared for the children in the Practical Life area.


                                    Stringing straw beads


    Sewing with a canvas using a needle


     This is how the child will carry their work to their work area.



                         Weaving with paper strips



                            Whisking to make bubbles


                                            Leaf Punching



                                  Spooning cranberries


 Scrubbing a pumpkin and a gourd


                                   Pouring popcorn



                                            Tweezing Corn


                                     
            Decorating a pumpkin with a hammer It is a turkey, I'll leave the finish product with a picture of a child admiring their work in another post. I know they are going to be excited about this new work.


  I know the Practical Life area will be buzzing with busy children tomorrow. I made sure to get this area ready for tomorrow, Monday is Baking Day. To see more children doing activities inspired by the Montessori Method please visit One Hook Wonder and Living Montessori Now for Montessori Monday.                                                                           

7 comments:

  1. THANK YOU SO MUCH. You have just set me up with morning activities for our toddler and I. Wonderful, quiet, Montessori learning activities here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! I have never thought to use cranberries for spooning, but they're so pretty and a wonderful option. Hammering in the pumpkin, bubble making, and all the rest is quite exciting, too. I'm sure the children will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many fun trays here! I bet your kiddo was delighted!! I would love for you to link up to my TGIF Linky Party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties - I am also your newest follower! I would love for you to follow me back, if you want to =-)
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pinned a bunch of your ideas yesterday and then went out and bought supplies for the sewing work! Such great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your shelves! I have forgotten about doing paper punching with the kids and it's a fun activity. I'll have to put one out this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome activities! The decorating a pumpkin turkey with a hammer is too cute! I featured some of your Thanksgiving posts and your spooning cranberries photo in my Montessori-Inspired Thanksgiving Activities at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2011/11/14/montessori-monday-montessori-inspired-thanksgiving-activities/

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate Your Comments