The Work Plan

Monday, December 5, 2011

Works That The Children Are Loving: Montessori Monday

Since I had quite a few children out ill last week, I was a little hesistant about putting out new work. The trays have barely been touched. I am glad that I remained patient and they were really looking forward to working with the trays that they basically just glanced at.

The Gingerbread People Collage Tray, a favorite of everyone who has touched it. This will stay on the shelf until all the supplies are gone.

Sorting buttons by two different shades, dosen't get any shelf life. Someone is always working with it.

 Transferring water with a eyedropper, I must come up with different variations, it is a keeper.


  Pouring buttons, Lils' favorite. No one else has had a chance to work with this yet.


This simple matching activity beat out all the works, It has become a take home bag!!

I put together a few works to add some more flavor to the mix, and hopefully they will be approved in the same way the others have.

                       Using a spatula to flip the Gingerbread Men over and over.


 Using a nutcracker. The middle bowl is used to hold the shells, the bowl on the right to place the nuts in. This work hasn't been out in a long time, I had a child enrolled who was allergic to nuts.


         Sorting short vowel sounds "at" and "an".

                                                                           
Come back tomorrow I have some other works prepared for the children that I love to share with you. Linking this post to Montessori Monday hosted by One Hook Wonder and Living Montessori Now.
                                                                       

                    

4 comments:

  1. I love that you posted the children's favorites. I'll have to make a post like that after the holidays. "Child Tested & Approved" :) I featured your post on the Montessori MOMents facebook page. facebook.com/MontessoriMOMents

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind comments.
    Lori, Thank you for the feature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many awesome Christmas activities ... LOVE your activity of flipping gingerbread men! I added your post to my Montessori-Inspired Christmas Activities at http://livingmontessorinow.com/2011/11/28/montessori-monday-montessori-inspired-christmas-activities/

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate Your Comments