The Work Plan

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Giving Lessons: Montessori Monday

Ah! The beauty of  the montessori classroom !! We are getting there one work period at a time. I almost wasn't needed last week. The children started giving each other lessons. I am so glad we have continued on this journey to make montessori education a way of life.


             Lesson on how to tie a shoe.


                           Showing Happy where the sheep is.


                Showing Happy how to sort the objects by sound in the "I Spy" basket.

                        
Mumble got his turn to receive a lesson. When he asked DJ if he could watch him work with the Geometric Solids.                                                                      
                                                                            

Last week I saw a part of me in the children. I witnessed this numerous of times with my own children. But it was clear and evident that the children were imitating me when delivering their lessons. Thankfully I have been on my best behavior! Lol.

To see other children doing activities inspired by the montessori method please visit Montessori Monday hosted by One Hook Wonder.
                                                                                                                     

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to stop by and say that although I haven't commented in ages I've still been enjoying your posts. You are doing such an amazing job with the children. I love this post about children giving lessons to other children. Maria Montessori would have a smile on her face I'm sure : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. about a girl:) Thank you so much for the compliment! It is always nice hearing from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! It must have made you so proud to see them teaching one another - great job! Thanks for linking to Montessori Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate Your Comments