The Work Plan

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Review and Reflect

  One of the things that I really love about the Montessori Method is that you must look deeper into yourself to become the best guide for the children. Well one thing that constantly sticks out about me is my voice level. It is much too loud. It also causes confusion to others that I am not speaking to. This week I am going to  tape record my voice during all interactions with children. Hopefully knowing that I am being recorded will allow me to be more concientious. I know that a quieter and calm voice breeds good results. Another observaton that I made about myself is appearance. I must look more professional too. I have worked in the basement of our house for eight years now, so I have kinda resorted to anything that has been made out of sweatshirt material you know what I mean? So tomorrow I will start with at least a nice polo top and some jeans that are actually ironed. So many times I have told the children to use their "inside voices". I guess it time to show them exactly what an "inside voice" sounds like, I will start with me first. I know once I master these two things the enviroment will be able to be better "prepared enviroment". Observations of ourselves is just as important as observing the children.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I know what you mean about the whole "working in your basement in sweats" thing. Until recently, I've spent most of my time in flannel pajama pants and my husband's tshirts (ugh, I know.) I've only upgraded to windsuit pants and my own tshirts, but it is a step in the right direction that makes me feel a little better!

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate Your Comments