The Work Plan

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Practical Life

Today the children mostly stayed in the practical life area. They stayed focused and completed their work cycles. I  was really impressed with how they placed their work back correctly on the shelves,cleaned up their areas, and remembered how  to walk around work mats. Their were presentations that I was prepared to give, but I didn't want to break the calmness that was in the room . I am very happy for all of them today. The Montessori Method is new to us all. Just five months ago they were playing with Dora and her gang,  not cleaning up after themselves, and filled with desks. We now have a "prepared enviroment". I just  wanted to hug everyone and say I am so sorry we didn't do this sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate Your Comments