The Work Plan

Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Bottle

                                              Having multiages in the classroom is one of the best components of the montessori method. Being able to work with children in this way I have been able to witness the beautiful qualities that bring the method right out of the book into real life. The other day the children were coming outside from the hot weather and begin to get water from our water source.  I have stryrofoam cups to serve for this purpose. It works well for the quick drink without having to clean dishes again. So I placed "Happy" in the highchair to give her a drink from her bottle. I turned around to hear what the thump sound was and it was this.      
      
                                                        
                                               Happy tossed her bottle to the floor. She then using her hand gestured me for the cup I was holding. I decided to give Happy a cup with a small amount of water in it.




Look! Happy even gave me the cup back when she was finished.


The enviroment allowed Happy to say in her best ability that she wanted to do what she saw her older peers doing, drinking from a cup . This is another step for Happy toward being a independent individual. Now its' time to see who is the real owner of this bottle. (lol)
                                                                        

3 comments:

  1. That is so true! They definitely let us know when it is time to move on! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an award for you

    http://alljoinin.blogspot.com/2010/07/versatile-blogger-award.html

    Great blog.
    Blessings Bea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an award for you!! Looks like Bea made it here first though!!
    http://little-blossoms-childminding.blogspot.com/2010/07/blogger-awards.html

    jenni x

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate Your Comments