The Work Plan

Thursday, July 1, 2010

New Format

I received my vacation notices from the parents that I request at the beginning of our summer session. Quite a few children will be in and out during our summer season. I will still be for the most part continuing on with our montessori activities with the children that are in daily attendance. I am going to use this time to become a better observer. So I decided that I will be journaling more about montessori activities with the three children that will be in my care twenty four hours, seven days a week, my children. Their ages are 6, 9, and 12. I love taking pictures, but its time for me to carry my clipboard around and really start absorbing this great magic that is happening right now. On a daily basis I have become entranced by the fascinating minds of  the children I have been working with. I want this blog to be able to show developments of each child individually that enters my home. I feel the name of this blog is very fitting, each day that I blog will be about a specific activitity that the child is working on and how we are accomplishing it.

                                                   Lisa is reading aloud for the first time to a small group of children. One of the things that she did before she asked anyone if they would like to hear a story was prepare her work on the mat, like she would  independently working.


" There is in every child a painstaking teacher, so skilful that he obtains identical results in all children in all parts of the world.  The only language men ever speak perfectly is the one they learn in babyhood, when no one can teach them anything!"
                                                                                                                       -Maria Montessori
                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Appreciate Your Comments