The Work Plan

Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Bug Jar

We begin our insect unit this week. The book "Bug Jar"  that comes with the insect unit by Evan Moor made them even more interested.  They did a cut and paste activity to match the bugs to the right person in the story. Then they dug for bugs in our sandbox to place in their bug jar.  The book also shows the child how you can tell if a animal is a insect. So we also talked about insect body parts.They worked on completing puzzles of a moth, ladybug and grasshopper. The children also learned some names of insects.   To see what others are doing with science go to Adventures in Mommydom for Science Sunday .

4 comments:

  1. Great activities! I love your cards :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting unit! I'm going to look for that book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting a comment on my blog. I am so glad you visited and led me to your blog -- so full of wonderful ideas! If you haven't finished your bug unit yet, be sure to check out all the mini beast prints at http://www.sparklebox.co.uk/topic/living/minibeast.html I have found some useful ones there that I intend to adapt/extend to works for my onw children.

    I hope to continue sharing with you via our blogs, comments, etc. - and also to clicking through your blog as I have more time to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the Evan Moor book has some great activities in it. Love the printables.

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate Your Comments