The Work Plan

Monday, May 31, 2010

Montessori Monday


Our Montessori work week last week was a lot of fun. I did only a few new presentations and that helped the children to become more absorbed with their work at hand. They were very happy!! I don't really know what the deal was or is with my camera. Some pictures are blurred. I still wanted to share them with you because I didn't get many photos of the kids.


                                          Practical Life


Cheese slicing with play doh. Practicing pincer grasp with pennies and coin bank. Mortar/Pestle work with beans. Walking the line blindfolded.
   
                                                                    Language



Metal Insets. Sandpaper letter with sand tracing.  Matching word to object with zodiworks.

Mathematics

Working with number puzzles and small number rods.

Zoology

Sequencing the butterfly lifecycle. Comparing ladybug life cycle to butterfly lifecycle.

Sensorial

 
Pink tower and Brown Stair extensions.  Cylinder blocks with mastery!!


 I am very happy to see most of the students working in all areas. This week I have geography presentations to  introduce to some.  To see other children learning using the montessori method pop over to One Hook Wonder and Mommy Moment.
                                          

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your comment on my post! I would love for you to link-up this post, it is great! I love the extensions the little girl is doing with the pink tower and brown stair too!
    I would love if you added FeedBurner to you blog so that I could subscribe by e-mail!
    I am so glad that you left a comment so that I could "discover" your blog!
    (hugs)
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for participating in Montessori Monday! I love how involved and absorbed all of the children look in your pictures. I never thought about cheese slicing with play dough - I bet BOTH of my boys would love that - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chidlren are so absorbed, It's wonderful! And, where did you get your butterfly life cycle materials? They look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate Your Comments