The Work Plan

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Salve!


 This week we have been  learning our Latin Greeting Words. The children love the music and it has been a great routine for the end of the day circle time. Words we learned so far are;
  1. salve- hello
  2. vale- goodbye
  3. discipuli- students
  4. magister/magistra-teacher
   When the children enter or leave our school they have been addressing me as magistra, or their friends as discipuli. Teaching the greetings allowed me to present a grace and courtesy lesson. They learned how to shake each others hands when greeting using eye contact.  I can see how guiding the children  through our Latin  curriculum can lead to big things in music, language development, and grammar.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! In case you're like me (I tend to forget to re-visit blogs where I ask questions), the Melissa & Doug Solar System Puzzle is from Marshalls. You can get it at Amazon. The link is on my post. They have 2 other beautiful puzzles: dinosaurs & sea creatures.
    Blessings,
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate Your Comments